Our winter issue is now online! Go have a look, why don’tcha?
Late last year, we serialized Lauren Almeida’s amazing story "Abandonment of the Flint" on our front page. Today, Lauren took some time to answer a few questions about creating the story, her writing process, and her future plans; you can read it after the cut.
The interview, and the story, also now have a permanent mini-site which you can view here.
Happy New Year from all of your friends here at Conte! We are pleased to announce that the reading period for Conte 9.1, our Summer 2013 issue, will run March 1st – July 1st. We hope you’ll review our submission guidelines and submit later this spring!
We here at Conte are pleased to announce our nominations for this year’s prestigious Pushcart Prize:
- Sarah Carson for "The Hole" from Conte 7.2
- Tom Daley for "Now Your Mother is the Lord of Death" from Conte 7.2
- Emma Sovich for "New Mardi Gras, Sydney" from Conte 8.1
- Thorpe Moeckel for "From the Bow and Stern" from Conte 8.1
- Corey Campbell for "Introduction to Airborne Radar" from Conte 8.1
- Lauren Almeida for "The Abandonment of the Flint" (which was serialized in six installments on our main page during the months of October and November)
Congratulations and best of luck to all of our nominees!
The conclusion of "Abandonment of the Flint" is just below the cut. Check back shortly for a Q&A session with Lauren.
"Abandonment of the Flint" concludes tonight. We’ll chat with Lauren and have some other fun associated stuff before very long; for now, please read on below the cut.