We are pleased to nominate these five writers for the 2013 Best of the Net Anthology:
- Corey Campbell for "Introduction to Airborne Radar" from Conte 8.1
- Lauren Almeida for "Abandonment of the Flint" (originally serialized in October-November 2012; now available in Conte Presents)
- Stephen Lackaye for "Beyond the Hall of Music" from Conte 8.2
- Nicole Robinson for "Letter to Shame" from Conte 8.2
- Bruce Bond for "Via Negativa" from Conte 8.2
Kudos to all of our nominees, and best of luck!
We’re very proud to announce the release of our nineteenth issue, available here. A huge heaping of thank-yous go out to all our amazing contributors, and to everyone who sent their work our way. We hope you enjoy it.
Former contributor Sandy Longhorn, whose poem "Prophecy" appeared in Conte 7.2, recently won the 2013 Jacar Press Full Length Poetry Book Contest for her second collection, The Girlhood Book of Prairie Myths. Stuart Dischell served as the contest judge. Kudos, Sandy!
Though it was originally scheduled to publish in August, Conte 9.1, our Summer 2013 issue, has now been pushed back to mid-September. Thanks for bearing with us. We promise it’ll be worth the wait!
We are thrilled to share the news that current contributor Vandana Khanna has just been named one of two winners for the 2014 Miller Williams Arkansas Poetry Prize! Vandana’s poem "Mantra for the New Bride" appears in our most recent issue. Congratulations!
We are pleased to announce that the reading period for Conte 9.2, our Winter 2013/2014 issue, will run September 15th – December 1st. We hope you’ll review our submission guidelines and submit later this fall!